Hyde Park – A World’s Fair, A University, A Community
A visit to Hyde Park and the campus of the University of Chicago is a visit with Frank Lloyd Wright, Enrico Fermi, John D. Rockefeller, Lorado Taft, and Indiana Jones! Visit the town that is home to the first automobile race in the United States, the Columbian Exposition of 1893, the first controlled nuclear reaction, the world’s first Ferris Wheel, and the most technologically advanced library on earth. This is the place where great thinkers, scientists, architects and industrialists honed their skills and left their mark on Chicago, and on the world.
What you’ll see:
- Rockefeller Chapel
- Ida Noyes Hall
- Booth School of Business
- Robie House
- Oriental Museum/U of C Quad and Cobb Gate
- Regenstein Library/Mansueto Library
- Fusion by Henry Moore/Max Palvesky Residence Halls
- Gerald Ratner Athletic Center/ Stagg Field
- DuSable Museum
- Fountain of Time/ Midway Studio
- U of C Law School, Ferris Wheel location/Columbian Exposition/Ice Rink, Karl Linnaeus Statue
This tour is sold our for Sat., Oct 26!!!
Advance purchase is required. Tours often sell out!
Historic Hyde Park Public Walking Tour
- Begins and ends at the northwest corner of University Avenue and 59th Street.
- Starts at 1:00.
- covers approximately 2 miles at a leisurely pace.
- runs 2 – 2 1/2 hours.
To redeem any pre-paid tour voucher, please CLICK HERE.